Once upon a time, robot butlers were science fiction. Now, the technology is here.
It’s not hard to see why more and more Monroe households are embracing home automation. Many busy families find it makes their lifestyle more safe, convenient, and organized.
When you’re at home, you can:
- Ask your virtual assistant to vacuum the living room.
- Automatically open or shut your blinds and adjust lightning with custom settings.
- Use cameras to keep an eye on your kids while you’re working in another room.
- Have artificial intelligence (AI) technology learn your energy usage habits with smart lights and smart thermostats to maximize energy efficiency.
- Receive data on which appliances are using the most electricity each month.
When you’re away, you can:
- Feed your pets and keep them off couches or tables using a prerecorded message.
- Control lights and appliances to save electricity—or act as a theft-deterrent, giving the appearance that you’re still home.
- Answer your door virtually with a security camera doorbell connected to your phone.
- Receive real-time notifications during a break-in, flooding, carbon monoxide (CO) leak, or fire.
Home automation technology is fully customizable. That means you can add or subtract features as time goes on. Plus, engineers invent tons of new compatible products every year—the sky is the limit.
Interested in automating your home? Our team at Union Services works with you to craft home automation solutions. If you can dream it, we can make it happen. We attend yearly expos to learn all the latest tricks of the trade. We’re pleased to bring this exciting technology to North Carolina.
Don’t be intimidated if you’re not tech-savvy. We’re committed to making the most user-friendly experience possible. We’ve seen the technology work wonders for new families, single people, and empty-nesters alike. Home automation has also been a game-changer for homeowners who are elderly or living with disabilities.
How Does Home Automation Work?
The three main components most home automation systems have are controllers, actuators, and sensors.
- Controllers—With any home automation system, you will use a controller to manage the functions in your house. The controller can be your smartphone, your computer, or a tablet. By downloading an app, you’ll be able to access and play with the features in your Monroe home.
- Actuators—Actuators perform the function that your controller tells them to do. A specialist will install actuators in your home. When you use your phone (the controller) to turn off a light, it sends a signal to an actuator that cuts off the current to your lightbulb. For automated curtains, the actuator pulls the curtains to open or close.
- Sensors—Sensors are the eyes and ears of your home automation system. They monitor things like motion, light, and temperature. Once you program your home automation device to its desired setting, it will automatically rewire itself to accommodate your preferences.
Home Automation Installation
Are you looking to install a digital keyless lock? What about-voice controlled lighting, television, and music? Whatever ambitions you have for your 21st century home, we’ll make them a reality.
Our team of specialists will plan with you every step of the way. We’ll make sure we know exactly what you’re looking for to upgrade your home. Our team will take measurements to figure out what modifications we need to make to accomplish your plan.
We offer free consultations and an upfront quote—don’t hesitate to reach out to us with questions.
Be sure to ask about our convenient financing options that make it easy for you to create your dream house.
Home Automation Repairs
Is your equipment malfunctioning? Give us a call—we can fix it.
We know how frustrating it can be when the technology that’s supposed to make your life easier stops working. Our specialists are second to none at troubleshooting home automation.
Our team is well-versed and stays up to date on the latest software updates and innovations. That way, we can spot and resolve glitches faster. Even if we didn’t install your home automation system, we can repair it.
Schedule a repair today. You can give us a call or schedule a service online. Tell us what’s going on, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. We’re proud of the work we do. That’s why we’ll give you an upfront price and a solid guarantee on all of our repairs.
Home Automation Maintenance
To keep your automated home safe and secure, protect your investment with regularly scheduled maintenance. We’ll make sure your system is up to date to ensure your cybersecurity. Our team will also clean sensors, check equipment, and test all the programming sequences.
Did you know most repairs are preventable through regularly scheduled maintenance? To get the most mileage out of your automated home, have one of our friendly specialists visit your home for an annual or semi-annual check-up.
Learn More About Home Automation
A house that takes care of itself—how great would that be?
With home automation, it’s a reality for an ever-increasing number of North Carolina, residents. Technology gives you the upper hand on household activities such as home security, entertainment, vacuuming, and adjusting your heating and cooling system.
Home automation can save you time as well as money. Dialing back your thermostat seven to 10°F for eight hours a day can reduce your energy bills up to 10 percent yearly, according to the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE). However, it’s easy to forget to do it.
Union Services is pleased to deliver the next generation of home comfort technology to Monroe area households. Call today to learn more about how home automation can benefit you.
What Can I Do With Home Automation?
The short answer is—a lot. Yearly, new devices and add-ons hit the market, so the possibilities are limitless. You can customize the technology to best suit your North Carolina, home needs.
Here are a few possible uses for home automation:
- Monitor home security cameras
- Control your robot vacuum cleaner
- Track energy and water use
- Adjust lighting, lock doors remotely
- Automatically feed your pets on a set schedule
- Automated alert to authorities during a fire, break-in, or carbon monoxide leak
How Home Automation Operates
This technology utilizes three main components: controllers, actuators, and sensors.
Controllers are the interface you use to monitor and adjust settings. It can be your phone, tablet, or computer. Most systems have an application that you use to adjust the automation components.
Actuators are the components that respond to the controller’s command. For instance, when you lower your lights using your phone (the controller), the actuator sends an electric signal to your lightbulb, telling it to get dimmer.
Sensors monitor movements, light, and temperature. For instance, a motion sensor can allow touch-less hand washing. When configured with a thermostat, it can adjust temperature settings based on when you’re home or away.
Home Automation Installation
Ready to have this futuristic technology installed in your Monroe home? Our specialists can expertly wire and configure your home automation system. Just let us know what you’re looking to implement, and we can make it happen.
We’ll always give you an upfront estimate before you commit. Also, be sure to check out our financing plans. They provide a more flexible way to pay.
Home Automation Repairs
Our team can repair anything from a non-responsive sensor to a broken heat pump! We know there’s never a convenient time to lose heating or cooling. Fortunately, you can on Union Services to be there when you need us.
We offer 24/7 emergency HVAC service for our North Carolina, neighbors. Call today to learn more.
Maintenance Loyalty Plans
Here are the top three reasons to stay on top of HVAC maintenance:
- Reduces the likelihood of costly repairs
- Increases equipment’s efficiency, lowering your energy bills
- Extends the lifespan of your heating and cooling system
Upgrade Your Home Today
Union Services’s experts are ready to help out. Located in Monroe, NC, we’re proud to offer high-quality tech and second-to-none service. Need an installation, repair, or maintenance? Call us today at 704-283-9047 or request service online.