View current job opportunities and apply below.
Union Services of Union County, LLC. has an immediate opening for a HVAC Field Service Technician. This person will be required to service, install, and remove HVAC equipment in a competent and efficient manner according to Union Services and state code requirements.
Essential Duties of the Position:
- Accountable and responsible for sustaining and delivering high customer satisfaction.
- Accountable and responsible for the effective and efficient completion of all service work.
- Responsible for assuring all tools and equipment used are in good and safe working order.
- Troubleshoot equipment; repair or make replacement decisions based on the best interest of the customer.
- Responsible for accurately completing all services orders from assigned supervisor or scheduler/dispatcher.
- Verify and coordinate HVAC building code compliance.
- Communicates explanation of system concerns clearly and professionally with customers and answers customer questions in the same manner.
- Completes required paperwork neatly, accurately, and on time.
- Train, instruct other field service technicians as needed.
- Responsible for keeping service vehicle clean and neat both inside and out in keeping with the company's professional image.
- Responsible for keeping vehicle stocked with all material necessary to perform daily duties.
- Maintain a clean working environment on job-sites and handles clean-up of each job-site.
- Performs all duties as assigned by supervision.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of five years' experience in HVAC service and repair required.
- Possess HVAC (Type 2) residential refrigeration certification or ability to obtain within six months of hire required, Universal certification preferred.
- Possession of a North Carolina Heating Group 3 Class I license, a plus.
- Demonstrated commitment to the delivery of customer - focused service.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Maintain professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Good written and verbal communications.
- Good mechanical aptitude, able to operate all necessary tools and equipment to perform varying installation projects.
- Must possess the necessary plumbing and electrical skills required for complete installation and service of HVAC system which includes, but is not limited to, wiring low and high voltage, working with gas piping, and installing drainage lines.
- Able to achieve high levels of individual and team performance.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Perform after hours service calls as needed.
- While performing these job responsibilities, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb, or balance, and to stoop, kneel, or crouch, and lift up to 50 pounds. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Field work in various weather conditions and environments including attics and crawl spaces; attend training seminars as needed, and requires flexibility to work irregular hours when required.
This institution is an Equal Opportunity Employer.